Stir Fried Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower rice is a great light and low carb alternative to using grains. It absorbs the flavour of whatever you’re cooking it with nicely and has a beautiful mouth feel. This recipe is colourful and full of flavour.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 large red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup tamari
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 red capsicum julienned
- 2 red chilies sliced
- 1 whole head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- Prepare equipment. You’ll need a stove, a large pot, wooden spoon, knife & chopping board.
- Prepare ingredients: You’ll need coconut oil, red onion, garlic, sesame oil, lime, coconut sugar, tamari, carrots, broccoli, peas, cauliflower, capsicum, chili, vegetable stock cubes & coriander.
- Make cauliflower rice by pulsing florets in a food processor until fluffy.
- Prepare remaining veggies and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in the pan on medium heat. Add onions, stock cubes and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add cauliflower rice and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients except for lime juice and coriander and cook for another 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Finish by turning off heat and stirring lime juice through.
- Divide into bowls to and top with fresh coriander to serve.
For a step-by-step visual guide please see gallery below.
Need ingredients? Visit our friends at Wholefoodshouse