Pasta Prima Vera With Spring Vegetables
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
This is a creamy take on the traditional pasta prima vera, with the addition of coconut cream. The fresh green vegetables are perfect for spring and like all the recipes in this pack, it can be easily taken to work as a packed lunch the next day.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large red onion diced
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups asparagus cut into 3 cm pieces
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 150 ml coconut cream
- 4 cups filtered water (1000 ml or 33.8 fl oz)
- 1 packet gluten free linguini
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- Prepare equipment. You’ll need a stove, a large pot, wooden spoon, knife & chopping board.
- Prepare ingredients: You’ll need coconut oil, red onion, garlic, broccoli. asparagus, mushrooms, peas, pepper, lemon zest, nutritional yeast, coconut cream, gluten free linguini, vegetable stock cubes & filtered water.
- Prepare all the veggies.
- Heat coconut oil in the pan on medium heat. Add onions and garlic sauté until translucent.
- Add everything except for linguini, coconut cream and water. Stir until well combined.
- Add water and linguini and bring to a rapid simmer. Cover and allow to cook for 15 minutes
- Stir in coconut cream and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Divide into bowls to and top with fresh parsley to serve.
For a step-by-step visual guide please see gallery below.
Need ingredients? Visit our friends at Wholefoodshouse