Moroccan Tagine With Quinoa
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
This hearty meal is infused with aromatic spices and sweetness from dried fruit. It’s packed with protein and beta-carotene and will satisfy your hunger for sure!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 ½ tablespoons harissa seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 5 pitted medjool dates
- 2 cups diced sweet potato (300 g or 10.6 oz)
- 1 ½ cups quinoa (255 g or 8.9 oz)
- 4 cups filtered water (1000 ml or 33.8 fl oz)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- Prepare equipment. You’ll need a stove, a large pot, spatula, knife & chopping board.
- Prepare ingredients: You’ll need coconut oil, red onion, tomato paste, harissa seasoning, ground cinnamon, vegetable stock cubes, chickpeas, raisins, sweet potato, quinoa, parsley & filtered water.
- Dice veggies & drain chickpeas, rinsing thoroughly.
- Heat coconut oil in the pan on medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add harissa, cinnamon, stock cubes and tomato paste and stir until well combined.
- Add all other ingredients except for filtered water and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a rapid simmer. Cover and allow to cook for 20 minutes
- Divide into bowls to and top with fresh parsley to serve.
Need ingredients? Visit our friends at Wholefoodshouse