These tacos were once the most popular dish at Sadhana Kitchen. Now you can enjoy it as part of detox at home.
Makes 6 Serves - Enough for the week
- 1 head of cos lettuce stemmed and individual leaves washed and patted dry.
Walnut taco mince:
- 225 g (8 oz/1 cups) sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in filtered alkaline water for 1 hour, then drained
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 roma tomato, seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 200 g (7. oz/2 cups) activated walnuts
- 1 large ripe avocados seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ small red onion diced finely
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Himalayan pink salt & pepper to taste
- 1 kg (2 lb 4 oz/4 cups) diced fresh tomatoes
- 350 g (12 oz/2 cups) diced cucumber
- 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
Himalayan pink salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare equipment. You’ll need a food processor, knife, chopping board, measuring spoons, small bowl & fork.
- Prepare ingredients. You’ll need sundried tomatoes, tomatoes, ground cumin, coriander, onion, walnuts, avocado, lime, fresh onion, cucumber, fresh garlic, Himalayan pink salt & pepper.
- Place all walnut taco mince ingredients in a food processor. Chop all vegetables and set aside.
- Process taco mince until a mince-like consistency is reached. Mash avocado with lime juice and salt & pepper to taste in small bowl using fork.
- To assemble tacos, take a cos lettuce leaf and top with walnut mince.
- Add some salsa and guacamole.
- Serve and enjoy with love.
For a step-by-step visual guide please see gallery below.
Need ingredients? Visit our friends at Wholefoodshouse