Made mostly from buckwheat, this granola or as we like to say “gRAWnola” is gluten free and grain free. Buckwheat is rich in copper, which helps with iron absorption and is a great source of protein.
Makes 8 Serves - Enough for the week
- 55 g (2 oz/1 cup) coconut flakes
- 340 g (12 oz/2 cups) activated buckwheat groats
- 55 g (1.5 oz/1 /2cup) goji berries
- 120 g (4. oz/1 cup) cacao nibs
- 55 g (1.5 oz/1/2 cup) linseed (flaxseed) meal
- 125 ml (4.5 fl oz/1/2 cup) coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons filtered alkaline water
- 1 batch mylk of your choice(recipe in ‘treats’ section)
- seasonal fruit to serve
- Prepare equipment. You’ll need a knife, chopping board, measuring spoons, measuring cup, baking dish, a spoon and a serving bowl.
- Prepare ingredients. You’ll need coconut flakes, buckwheat groats, goji berries, cacao nibs, linseed meal, coconut nectar, filtered water, a batch of mylk (recipe in treats) & seasonal fruit to serve.
- Toss together grawnola ingredients in baking dish until well combined.
- Bake at 180 C (356 F) for 25 minutes. Optional: If you have a dehydrator, spread onto dehydrator tray. Dehydrate at 40 C (105 F) for 12 hours.
- Once set, break grawnola apart into small clusters and store in a large sealed container. To serve, place into serving bowl. Top with fruit and mylk of choice on the side.
For a step-by-step visual guide please see gallery below.
Need ingredients? Visit our friends at Wholefoodshouse