Seaweed salad is my favourite, but store-bought options are usually full of refined sugar, even though they are sold as a ‘health food’. This salad is so quick and simple to toss together, so make lots and pack some for your future lunches, as it keeps in the fridge for 3 days
Makes 4 Serves - Enough for the week
- 340 g (12 oz) packet kelp noodles
- 100 g (3. oz) wakame
- 100 g (3. oz) arame
Ginger & miso dressing:
- 250 ml (9 fl oz/1 cup) filtered alkaline water
- 3 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons brown rice miso paste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 5 cm (2 inch) knob of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- ½ red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 100 g (3. oz/1 cup) sliced snow peas (mangetout)
- Prepare equipment. You’ll need a blender, knife, chopping board, measuring cup, measuring spoons, 2 x small bowls & mixing bowl.
- Prepare ingredients. You’ll need pre-soaked kelp noodles, wakame & arame; olive oil, tahini, coconut nectar, miso, ACV, lime, ginger, red cabbage, carrot & snow peas.
- Drain kelp noodles & set aside. Drain wakame and arame, slice thinly. Slice veggies. Blend dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Add wakame, arame and veggies to mixing bowl and pour dressing on top.
- Massage well and allow the flavours to marry.
- Place into a bowl and serve with a good dose of good vibes!
For a step-by-step visual guide please see gallery below.
Need ingredients? Visit our friends at Wholefoodshouse