There’s a lot to love about a good noodle dish. This one is quick, simple and super tasty. The best part is that you can use whatever vegetables are in season so this recipe can be made all year round.
Makes 2 Serves
- 2 x 340 g (12 oz) packets of kelp noodles
- 90 g (3. oz/1/12 cup) broccoli florets
- 90 g (3. oz/1 cup) julienned carrot
- 70 g (2 oz/1.5 cup) shredded red cabbage
- 100 g (3. oz) snow peas (mangetout)
- 300 g (10 oz) oyster mushrooms, sliced
Lemon & sesame marinade:
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- 2 teaspoons cold-pressed sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- Prepare equipment. You’ll need a blender, knife, chopping board, measuring spoons & mixing bowl.
- Prepare ingredients. You’ll need kelp noodles, broccoli, carrot, red cabbage, snow peas, oyster mushrooms, tamari, lemon, coconut nectar, sesame oil, garlic & pepitas.
- Soak the kelp noodles in water. Place marinade ingredients into blender. Chop all the vegetables.
- Blend the marinade ingredients on high speed until well combined. Drain kelp noodles and mix chopped vegetables through.
- Pour dressing over the Lo Mein.
- Massage marinade into noodles and veggies.
- Place into plate or bowl to serve. Enjoy with love and gratitude!
For a step-by-step visual guide please see gallery below.
Need ingredients? Visit our friends at Wholefoodshouse