Kale Caeser Salad
When we spiralize zucchini to make our zoodles or zucchini ‘pastas’, we use the left-over zucchini cores to make a dried ‘zucchini anchovy’ or ‘zuchovy’. Usually you dehydrate or bake it, but you can also leave it raw after marinating. It’s awesome sprinkled over this Kale Caesar.
Makes 3 Serves - Enough for the week
- 240 g (10 oz/46cups) shredded kale
- 130 g (4. oz/1 cup) zucchini (courgette) cores, left-over after spiralising zucchini, chopped into 5 cm (2 inch) pieces
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dill tips
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped wakame
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or Celtic sea salt
- 80 g (2. oz/1/2 cup) activated cashew nuts
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons brown rice miso paste
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped wakame
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 large medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons pepitas
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 250 ml (9 fl oz/1 cup) filtered alkaline water
- Prepare equipment. You’ll need a blender, knife, chopping board, measuring cup, a spoon, spatula & mixing bowl.
- Prepare ingredients. You’ll need zucchini cores, olive oil, ACV, dill, wakame, Himalayan pink salt, cashews, lemon, garlic, miso, dates, pepitas, pepper & filtered water.
- Marinade zucchini cores, shred kale and place all dressing ingredients in blender.
- Blend dressing until smooth.
- Place kale in mixing bowl and pour dressing on top.
- Massage well to infuse flavours and soften kale.
- Transfer to serving bowl & top with a sprinkle of love & zucchovy to serve.
For a step-by-step visual guide please see gallery below.
Need ingredients? Visit our friends at Wholefoodshouse