Daily Green Smoothie
Green smoothies are one of the best ways to start your day. You can think of this as your daily nutritional insurance policy as it’s packed with vitamins, minerals and fibre. Try freezing fruit such as bananas to add texture and flavour, which made all the difference. In time, as your body slowly starts to crave what it needs, rather than what it’s addicted to, your tastebuds will learn to appreciate different flavour profiles. Until then, don’t be afraid to add fruit to your smoothies.
Serve 1 – Makes 500ml
- 200 g (7 oz/1 cup) chopped frozen banana
- 75 g (2. oz/. cup) chopped frozen mango
- 60 g (2. oz/. cup) chopped apple
- 35 g (1. oz/. cup) shredded kale
- 25 g (1 oz/. cup) chopped cos lettuce
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 300 ml (10. fl oz) filtered alkaline water
- Prepare your equipment. You will need a knife, chopping board, blender, measuring spoons and a serving glass.
- Prepare the ingredients listed in the recipe.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender, adding the fruit first so it catches the blades for easy blending.
- Blend on high speed until super smooth & pour into a serving glass along with some good vibes.
- Drink as soon as possible. Don’t forget to chew!
For a step-by-step visual guide please see gallery below.
Need ingredients? Visit our friends at Wholefoodshouse