Carob & Vanilla Nut Mylk
This is my go-to recipe when I want a simple, delicious mylk where I would once have used dairy milk. The best part is that it’s slightly chocolaty. It goes nicely with granola in this detox too. It’s really quite inexpensive to make, and better tasting than anything you can buy ready-made.
Serve 1 – Makes 500ml
- 155 g (5. oz/1 cup) activated almonds
- 750 ml (26 fl oz/3 cups) filtered alkaline water
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar, or 2 pitted medjool dates
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt or Celtic sea salt
- Prepare your equipment. You’ll need a knife, chopping board, blender, measuring cup, measuring spoons, mixing bowl, nut mylk bag and a serving glass.
- Prepare ingredients. You’ll need almonds, medjool dates, vanilla extract, carob powder, Himalayan pink salt & filtered water.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender on high speed until super smooth
- Sit nut mylk bag inside mixing bowl and pour blender contents through. Squeeze out mylk. You can save the pulp for other uses. (nut mylk pulp tip)
- Pour into serving glass along with some good vibes. Drink and enjoy!
For a step-by-step visual guide please see gallery below.
Need ingredients? Visit our friends at Wholefoodshouse