BBQ Kale Chips
Kale chips are a moreish yet healthy snack. Kale is a wonder green packed with lots of nutrients including calcium and iron.
Makes 6 Serves
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large bunch (550 g/1 lb 4 oz) curly kale
- 150 g (5. oz/1 cup) sun-dried tomatoes
- 90 g (3. oz/. cup) pitted medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/. cup) filtered alkaline water
- Prepare equipment. You’ll need a blender, knife, chopping board, measuring cup, measuring spoons, mixing bowl & baking dish.
- Prepare ingredients. You’ll need curly kale, sundried tomatoes, medjool dates, ground cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic, olive oil, ACV, tamari & filtered water.
- Place all ingredients except for kale in blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Wash and de-stem kale, keeping the leaves as large as possible. Drain off all the excess moisture, place in a large mixing bowl & massage with smoky BBQ sauce.
- Spread the kale on baking tray in a single layer and bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes. Dehydrator Option: Dehydrate for 4–6 hours at 40 degrees Celsius until crispy.
- Serve with a healthy dose of good vibes.
For a step-by-step visual guide please see gallery below.
Need ingredients? Visit our friends at Wholefoodshouse