Basil & Pepita Pesto Fettuccine
Raw pastas are a great dinner option because they are so quick and easy to make, and are marvellously tasty too. You can add as many veggies as you like, taking their nutritional content to the next level.
Makes 4 Serves - Enough for the week
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 100 g (2. oz/1. cups, tightly packed) basil leaves
- 85 g (3 oz/1 cup, tightly packed) chopped kale
- 70 g (2.5 oz/1/2 cups) pepitas
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or Celtic sea salt
- 6 large zucchini (courgettes) save the cores for your Kale Caesar salad
- Prepare equipment. You’ll need a knife, chopping board, measuring cup, measuring spoons, spiralizer and a mixing bowl. Click here (link to alfredo) for instructions on how to make pasta if you don’t have a spiralizer.
- Prepare ingredients. You’ll need zucchinis, pepitas, basil, kale, olive oil, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon & Himalayan pink salt.
- Place all pesto ingredients in food processor & pulse until well combined, but still chunky.
- To prepare the ‘pasta’, spiralize zucchini with a spiralizer. Place in large mixing bowl.
- Add pesto to the zucchini pasta and massage in well. Place into bowl to serve.
- Enjoy with gratitude!
For a step-by-step visual guide please see gallery below.
Need ingredients? Visit our friends at Wholefoodshouse