This recipe is an old favourite. If you’ve got someone you want to introduce to raw food who’s a bit skeptical, this creamy, cheesy and delicious dish will satisfy the fussiest taste buds.
Makes 4 Serves - Enough for the week
- 6 zucchinis peeled and spiralized
- 2 cups of baby shredded kale
- 1 cup activated cashews 100 g (cashews that have been soaked for 1-2 hours and rinsed thoroughly)
- 1/2-1 clove garlic (add as much or as little as you like, I used 1 small clove)
- 1/4 small onion
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1 tsp dill (i used dry but you can also use fresh)
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast (available from health food stores)
- 2 tbs cold pressed olive oil
- 3/4 cup filtered alkaline water
- himalayan pink salt & pepper (to taste)
- Prepare equipment. You’ll need a blender, knife, chopping board, measuring cup, measuring spoons, spatula & peeler.
- Prepare ingredients. You’ll need zucchinis, kale, cashews, garlic, onion, miso, dill, nutritional yeast, olive oil, Himalayan pink salt and filtered water.
- Blend all of the ingredients for alfredo sauce in blender until smooth and creamy. Shred kale.
- Peel zucchini into long thick fettuccine-like strips using peeler and place into bowl or plate.
- Add kale & toss lightly to combine.
- Pour alfredo sauce over zucchini pasta.
- Finish with a dash of pepper and a whole lotta love.
For a step-by-step visual guide please see gallery below.
Need ingredients? Visit our friends at Wholefoodshouse