Cauliflower & Eggplant Curry With Quinoa
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
This is a quick and easy one pot meal that’s perfect for those spring evenings that are still a bit cool and fresh. It’s incredibly filling and aromatic.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons madras curry powder
- 1 tablespoon green cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 4 star anise
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups diced eggplant
- 1 ½ cups quinoa (255 g or 8.9 oz)
- 4 cups filtered water (1000 ml or 33.8 fl oz)
- 100 ml coconut cream
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- Prepare equipment. You’ll need a stove, a large pot, wooden spoon, knife & chopping board.
- Prepare ingredients: You’ll need coconut oil, red onion, curry powder, cardamom, turmeric, bay leaves, vegetable stock cubes, mustard seeds, star anise, cauliflower, eggplant, quinoa, coconut cream, coriander & filtered water.
- Dice veggies and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in the pan on medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add all spices including by leaves and sauté until fragrant
- Add all other ingredients except for filtered water and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a rapid simmer. Cover and allow to cook for 20 minutes
- Divide into bowls to and top with fresh coriander to serve.