Braised Lentils & Spring Vegetables
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Lentils can be quick and easy to prepare. Soak lentils overnight to cut down on cooking time and to release any enzyme inhibitors for maximum digestion and protein assimilation.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large red onion diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup celery thinly sliced
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 2 cups French green lentils du Puy soaked overnight, rinsed well&drained
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme de-stemmed
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary de-stemmed
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- Prepare equipment. You’ll need a stove, a large pot, wooden spoon, knife & chopping board.
- Prepare ingredients: You’ll need coconut oil, red onion, garlic, celery, carrots, green lentils, vegetable stock cubes, bay leaves, fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, fresh parsley & filtered water.
- Prepare veggies.
- Heat coconut oil in the pan on medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredientsexcept for water and stir until well combined.
- Add water and bring to a rapid simmer. Cover and allow to cook for 25 minutes
- Divide into bowls to and top with fresh parsley to serve.
For a step-by-step visual guide please see gallery below.
Need ingredients? Visit our friends at Wholefoodshouse