Despite the fact that this recipe name directly translates into “slutty pasta” it’s delicious and fresh meal that’s full of flavour. Use your favourite spaghetti. We also love it with spiralized zucchini for a grain free twist.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 large red onion diced
3 cloves crushed garlic
4 cups chopped tomatoes (6 truss tomatoes)
2 cups chopped eggplant
1 can chickpeas drained
1/2 cup sliced olives, pitted
2 vegetable stock cubes
1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
1 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 packet gluten-free spaghetti
3 cups filtered water
1 bunch fresh basil
1. Prepare equipment. You’ll need a stove, a large pot, wooden spoon, knife & chopping board.
2. Prepare ingredients: You’ll need coconut oil, garlic, red onion, tomatoes, eggplant. chickpeas, olives, dried basil leaves dried thyme, chilli flakes, gluten free spaghetti, vegetable stock cubes & filtered water.
3. Dice veggies & drain chickpeas, rinsing thoroughly.
4. Heat coconut oil in the pan on medium heat. Add onions and garlic sauté until translucent.
5. Add chili flakes, dried herbs and stock and stir until well combined.
6. Add all other ingredients and bring to a rapid simmer. Cover and allow to cook for 20 minutes
7. Divide into bowls to and top with fresh parsley basil to serve.
Need ingredients? Visit our friends at Wholefoodshouse